View Single Post
Old 02-13-2020, 06:09 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpfish10 View Post
I have CJ ACT2.2/Premier350 combo and am exploring power conditioner/regen products. Have you compared the Delta D6 against PS Audio P5 or P10?
Thanks
Hi HP,
No, I haven't compared them. I have a Denali 6000/S V2, and a Triton V1 before that, so I can't comment on the PS Audio P5 or P10. I did audition a Power Plant Premier some years ago (7 or 8 years ago?), before I bought my Hydra 8, and found it did nothing in my system to improve the sound; in fact my entry-level Shunyata Hydra 4 sounded better in my system.

You may want to ask Ivan about any comparisons, as he has had both products from both companies. IIRC, Ivan has removed all his PS Audio P10s and is using Shunyata Denalis now.

Also, don't forget about the power cord; that's the most important part, and if you decide to get something like the Venom NR-V10, that cord, in combination with a good Shunyata power distributor, will provide component-to-component isolation, which the D6, as good as it is, doesn't do directly, per se (IIRC, the pairs of outlets per receptacle are isolated from one another, but individual outlets that is, a single outlet within a pair are not).

If you have the budget for a P10, I'd recommend getting a Denali for ~1/2 that price, instead, the Denali is Shunyata's current SOTA power distributor.

Cheers and let me know if you have any other questions.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.

Last edited by Puma Cat; 02-13-2020 at 06:12 PM.