View Single Post
Old 01-31-2020, 10:47 AM
Retired

Now using the Cary Rocket 88 amp with EL34s running in triode (20wpc Class A) and the 9Ks are very pleased (which makes me very pleased). Have now run the 9Ks with six (6) different amps rated from 18wpc to 200wpc and am quite surprised how different they have responded with the changes. The two biggest changes have come with time (think it took several hundred hours for the 9Ks to become fully broken-in) and speaker cables. That addition of WW Silver Eclipse bi-wire speaker cables was a quantum improvement in sound. And, the change to 20wpc of Class A power also made a big improvement. While I was expecting an improvement with the Silver Eclipse cables, the level of improvement surprised me. Same with Class A power. My previous experience with Class A amps was "no big deal". Not the case with my current system. Taken a bit of effort to reach this level of synergy, but am very, very pleased with the Canton 9Ks.
Canton Reference 9 Clearaudio SM Pro Focal Bathys JLA 10" Dominion Kuzma Stabi S w/MC & MM Magnepan 1,7i McIntosh MA8950 & MR88 Oppo 203 Roon Nucleus Rose Hifi RS150B Shunyata Gemini-4 Sony ST-A6B, TA-F6B, ST-J75 & PS-X75 Sorane SA1.2 & TA-1L Stillpoints LP1v2 WW Pt, Au & Ag

Last edited by Formerly YB-2; 02-02-2020 at 09:31 AM.