View Single Post
Old 09-30-2015, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myles B. Astor View Post
Have you played with the SRA/VTA? That's kinda hard to get in one shot, one day or even two days even say with a USB scope.

The table, and especially the motor and platter bearing needs at least 50-100 hrs to run in too. Then too does the tonearm wire.
Myles,

Thanks for your suggestions. Ironically, I was playing with the arm height at it's base just last night to affect a change in SRA. The adjustment feature for that is pretty easy to use on VPI arms, perhaps the only thing that is really easy to adjust in their unipivot arms. The motor and platter have about 50 hours on them now and I will leave it on again tonight as I am sure that you are right about the need for thorough breakin. The difference between my KAB SL1200 and Prime should be greater than it is, and if break in of wire made any difference at all (and I am not convinced it does), that difference would be expected to make only a minor contribution to that difference. Focusing on cartridge alignment is proving to be effective. Overall, though, I will admit to being somewhat disappointed so far with the Prime.

Bill