View Single Post
Old 01-09-2021, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDCheek View Post
Serge, I completely agree and I too struggle with any music that lacks a rhythm or tempo that you can follow. That doesn’t mean it’s wrong, just doesn’t suit my taste. I often find myself looking at what others here are spinning or streaming to help me discover more artists, especially Jazz, that came before me. I was born in 61. There was a lot of Popular jazz from the late 50’s, but a more than considerable amount, “free jazz”. It’s funny. To me it’s like broccoli, I want to like it, I just don’t. No matter how many times I try it.
It may take some time for the ears and the music lover inside to open up to certain genres and embrace them. Some genres will never be appreciated by our generation. I was born towards the end of the 60s so too old to fully embrace 99% of today's RAP music.

On occasion I can enjoy a bit of Deep House, a bit of Electronic, Trance, Dance or as it is collectively known, "EDM" that is quite popular with the youngsters but it is not a serious passion.

Free or Avant-garde variation of Jazz may indeed be the broccoli equivalent to our ears but I still eat it from time to time. The trick is to find the style in which it was cooked that is more pleasant, as I will try with the Free Jazz performers and albums.