View Single Post
Old 09-18-2019, 09:51 PM

Default Vintage McIntosh

I just bought a tower of vintage McIntosh that all seems to need some sorting out. Wondering if anyone had recommendations on who to see in the Massachusetts or New Hampshire area.

Just picked it up tonight so I am still testing but here’s what I got and know so far.

C34v - powers on and passes power to other units but does not seem to pass signal to main output or headphones. Record out passes signal but also has an unpleasant oscillation.

Mcd7008- haven’t checked this yet but previous owner said there was a cd stuck in it. Powers on and lights up

Mr80 - this seems to be working fine. Can listen to radio on headphones and it is loud.

Mc2002- not the best cosmetic shape, have not tested this yet since the preamp is not working. And my daughter is sleeping waiting for daytime to see if this works. Turned on with the rest of the units.

This system also came with B&w dm3000 speakers that look like they are in good shape. Hooked them up but couldn’t turn them up very loud. Seems like these are fine.

Also has a nakamichi rx-505 and thorens td 318 I havnt tested those yet.

Any opinions on what this bag of unknowns is worth would be interesting