View Single Post
Old 07-22-2017, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
Paul.......There is much more to the N10 than the storage difference. I like the separate linear power supplies for the digital and audio sections. I prefer the sophisticated proprietary SPDIF digital circuits that take advantage of Aurender's field programmable gate array phase locked loop system and ultra accurate OCXO oven controlled crystal oscillator clock with its incredible 0.02 ppm accuracy. The coaxial SPDIF output to my DAC is my preferred connection that incorporates the OCXO clock accuracy. Those features are not provided with the N100H. I like the 240GB SSD cache versus the 140GB SSD cache on the N100H. I prefer the 4TB of hard drive storage, with an upgrade available to 8TB. The main motherboard is different and provides features unavailable on the N100H. I also like the full sized case and twin AMOLED displays. The N10 delivers a superior performance that has been testified to by several N100H owners who have upgraded to the Aurender N10. The N10 is an all together different and improved music server when compared to the N100H. The good thing is the Aurender N100H sounds very good, uses the same excellent Aurender Conductor app including Tidal integration, provides NAS capability, and comes at a price point that makes it very attractive. The N100H output is USB 2.0 only for those interested in that type of DAC connection. Only you can make the decision about value versus price. I am comfortable with respect to the features and performance of the Aurender N10 being worth it.
Dan,

Does the N10 also use the OCXO when using the USB cable?

Thanks