View Single Post
Old 01-26-2021, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonmb View Post
I’m still not clear on what you’re hoping to gain by going direct to the wall instead of through the Denali with your digital and preamp. Before you make that choice, I’d at least try it both ways and see what you think. I know my system and room is different, but my digital and pre were definitely better through my old Denali, and more so through the Everest. Good power conditioning isn’t just about surge protection, so even if you go whole-home surge protection with discrete circuits for everything, it doesn’t obviate the benefit of a good conditioner, in my opinion at least.
Tony,

I was reading up on my amps and preamp - D’Agostino recommends straight out of the wall so I was looking for opinions on both options...

I never really push my system too hard, but I think the amps straight out of the wall (SR-Z1 outlets, with a Venom Defender on each, and Sigma V2 NRpower cords) will give them the cleanest and least restrained power. The preamp will probably move back to the Denali after the Omega XC power cord gets here.

I have the benefit of the third outlet for the Denali that will have an open plug position so I can try the preamp both ways to see if one has the edge...

Thanks,

Mitch