View Single Post
Old 07-27-2019, 11:15 AM
Semi-audiophile

Here is an update on the above.

First, I agree that gauge isn't much of a factor once you get to the 10 to 12 AWG range; in fact, that was confirmed to me by Evan at Transparent. I have had several unexpected expenses (the latest a new air conditioner) that put off going ahead with any new purchases related to audio. However, the new Shunyata NR V10 and V12 power cords have re-ignited the issue for me. These are reasonably priced and would be good performers, surely.

While the Transparent HPPC cord is shielded, it doesn't offer noise reduction, and that's the hook that got me back into this. Might that give my C2300 some additional performance, I wonder. Having been in more recent touch with Transparent, I found out that by using their Upgrade program I could trade in my unused 1m HPPC toward a 1.5m Premium for only $9 more than the price of a NR V12. The Premium's network module offers noise reduction, among other things. Now, I haven't noticed anything I would recognize as noise, but the improvement with the Premiums on my MC501s may well be due to their noise-reduction feature. So perhaps I'll give it a shot for the C2300, once I recover from the A/C expense. I don't know how much NR is built into the Venom HCs on my Furmans, but the fact that I heard some improvement putting new cords on my amps doesn't mean the Furmans need them too, necessarily. When the Venoms replaced the Wireworld PCs on them I didn't notice anything different.
SOTA, Grado, SME, Van den Hul, Gingko turntable setup; Pioneer Elite LD, BDP; Sony OLED TV; Magnum Dynalab tuner, antenna; MIT S-video cable; Pangea HDMI cables; DVDO video processor; McIntosh SACD, preamp, power amps; Telefunken Black Diamond preamp tubes; Kimber IC; Transparent IC, PC, SC; Mirage speakers; PS Audio, Shunyata PC; Audio Additives RCA caps; Furman power conditioning; Sanus: racks