View Single Post
Old 02-26-2018, 08:06 PM
Listener in Training

Default Mac Mini to Sony TV delay

Little more than a year ago we upgraded our old Samsung 58" plasma TV to a 75" Sony XBR75X940D. Most of the time the TV is used as my computer monitor for my Mac Mini while playing music.

The Mac Mini is left running when I power down the system. So when I turn it back on again via my Logitech remote, I then touch the keyboard or click the mouse to wake up the computer.

The Mac Mini is connected directly to the TV with a HDMI cable. With the old TV, the screen would show immediately, but now the screen takes a few seconds to a minute for the image to show up on the TV, maybe 30-40% of the time, and after a matter of seconds most of the time vs. a minute. There's no noticeable pattern as to what is different when this occurs.

Wondering if anyone has any advice - not something I exactly lose sleep over, but could be better of course.
Sources: Vinyl: Clearaudio Innovation Wood turntable with 9" Universal tonearm, Da Vinci V2 cartridge, Stillpoints SS & Stillpoints clamp, McIntosh MVP 901, Apple Mac mini via Benchmark DAC 1, Aurender N100C via Schiit Yggdrasil
Control: McIntosh C1100, Mcintosh MX151
Power: Mcintosh MC2301s (front), McIntosh MC501 (center), Mcintosh MC402 (rear)
Speakers: Sonus Faber Amati Futura (front and back), SF Vox center
Power/connections: PS Audio Power Port receptacles, RGPC 400 pro (2) WireWorld interconnects and speaker cable