View Single Post
Old 03-04-2018, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey_v View Post
Did you find a difference between the 10 and 1000?
Yes, definitely. The difference is there but it's not night and day. The NRG-1000 has more resolution and separation and I find it a bit more dynamic. I don't think that an upgrade was worth it but I've bought my NRG-1000 SH at a very good price...
I've said it many times: AQ power cables used to be good but not that good. The advantage of AQ over other manufacturers resided in their interconnects (analog and digital) and loudspeaker cables. Now, with the new series, everything is as it should be (at least according to my fellows who made the jump to the new series and to the reviews of the happy owners). I hope I'm gonna find out soon.
Pre-amp/Digital: exaSound e32 w UpTone JS-2 Power Supply; SOtM tX-USBultra w UpTone LPS1.2; Apple Mac Mini w UpTone DC Conversion Kit & UpTone JS-2 Power Supply; Squeezelite w Logitech Media Server 7.9.0
Speakers: Triangle Magellan Cello II
Cables: AudioQuest WEL XLR, AudioQuest Everest, AudioQuest Hurricane HC, AudioQuest NRG-1000, AudioQuest Diamond USB
Rack: Solid Tech Hybrid
Tweaks: Omicron Stabilizzatore Armonico & Gold Evolution SE; IsoTek Sigmas GII w Optimum EVO3; Furutech FT-SWS (R) AC Outlet; Synergistic Research Blue Quantum Fuse

Last edited by johndoe21ro; 06-04-2019 at 04:07 AM.