View Single Post
Old 05-17-2013, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy View Post

Steve.......I have just over 100 hours on the WW Platinum USB cable. Since I spent only about an hour listening to the cable when it first arrived I don't have a strong memory of how it sounded right out of the box. I left it playing a high-res download on repeat about 70 hours before doing the audition for my A/B comparison and review of the Platinum to the Silver Starlight USB cables, so I really didn't go through listening to the USB cable break-in. In the 30+ hours of use since writing the review I have not noticed any sonic shift in its performance. It is a totally invisible cable as far as the music is concerned, at least to my ears. When listening to high-res downloads it's like hearing the master tape in a control room, just pure crystal clear music.

I have made several A/B comparisons of the Platinum USB cable against the Silver Starlight USB cable since I wrote the review and each time I prefer the transparency of the Platinum cable. That's not to say the Silver Starlight USB cable is a slouch because it isn't. I am getting tremendous performance from the Silver Starlight cable, too. Once the Esoteric K-03 in the studio has completed the break-in I will move the Platinum USB cable to that player and leave the Silver Starlight USB cable connected to the K-03 in the living room system. I'm not tossing the WW Silver Starlight USB cable to the curb. I like it, too.
Cheers... Shall comment again in a week's time, 30+ hours or so on the HDMI thread.

Last edited by MyPal; 05-17-2013 at 12:24 PM.