View Single Post
Old 07-07-2013, 06:06 PM
Rebellious!

If you are that attached to your CD collection, make a conscious decision to accomodate them. Any number of racks or shelves can do the trick.

The future of media (Video, Books, and Music) is that it will all be cataloged tagged with endless amounts of meta data and indexed in a manner to occupy less space that Video Discs, Audio Discs, Vinyl Records and/or Book/Newsprint.

I like the idea of searching for a song about driving a fast car written in the 80's or songs recorded with XYZ type guitar and mastered in this location. While the former has high social value the latter might be trivial but really deep dive into the art of music.

back out of the clouds, what I am doing, I am buying Vinyl Discs from Amazon with the "Autorip" feature and playing the songs on my Sonos through the Amazon store. I play the Vinyl disc when it's right after work or late in the evening, but I limit my Vinyl purchases to only artists I must have and a large part of the album contains songs that are valuable to me. The other thing I do is rip every CD have to my iMac and shove the CD in a box in the attic, should I need to re-do it all at a later date.

Okay dinner's on. I'm hungry!

Last edited by o0OBillO0o; 07-07-2013 at 06:24 PM.