View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 02:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turntable View Post
Rather bizzare comments. Krell still is in business and their entry level gear is made in China. Everything else is made in USA.
Dan's new company is going very well and as others have mentioned to infer anything else seems to be mischievous, at best as you do not have any facts.

The facts are Rowland in their recent history have been using stk D amplifier modules with some mods, putting them in nice Rowland front plates and selling them for high $$. Not what I would call value or great sound when I heard one of the class D monoblocks several years back. Rowland's standing as a high end manufacturer had declined from this move imo.

Good to see they are actually releasing class AB amps again as hopefully that will bring their past reputation back - I wonder what technical design they are using.

I would think ChisChas would buy whatever amp he feels sounds the best in his system and looking at the overall cost of ownership / resale etc. Hopefully he can get that opportunity and let us know what his listening results were.

cheers
Agreed. Just to add new Rowland amps are again(!) based on class D design(new model 525 for example, even recently announced model 825 and 925 seems to be based on class D output).
AFAIK fresh capital for Rowland came from goes where China...
D'Agostino Momentum amps are probably one of the best amps on the market currently. At least IMHO.