View Single Post
Old 08-04-2017, 10:25 AM

I have to say that the salesman I spent a few hours with at magnolia the other day was in his 20's and it was obvious he was lacking the experience of someone who has been involved with the hobby (or the sales end of it) for decades like most of us on this forum but... he was very enthusiastic and eager to learn and it showed. We listened to some of the gear on the floor and he kept asking me to share my thoughts on the setup and gear. I also shared my memories what the hobby was like in the 80's and 90's way before his time. and we discussed where things are headed. It was an enjoyable couple of hours but I did feel old after I left for the first time in my life.

The problem is that at a store like Magnolia vs a 2 channel boutique store, he does not come across customers like most of us on this forum very often and that does not help him advance in his knowledge and experience. Feedback from and the relationships one builds with customers at a dedicated high end audio store is invaluable, especially for someone who truly appreciates the hobby.