View Single Post
Old 02-24-2017, 08:23 PM

For years while my son was growing up I had a pair of Allison Acoustics model 3 corner speakers - good sound in their day, and very safe placement. When he was older and our financial situation allowed for more discretionary spending, I started the search for speakers and fell in love with the SF Concerto Domus. They sounded better than anything else in the old Magnolia HiFi showroom (the limit of my budget at the time). I also thought they were the best looking speakers, with their beautiful wood finish and graceful form, and I could just afford them. I've been a sucker for Franco Serblin's designs ever since, going from the Concertos to Cremona Auditor Ms and finally Amati Futuras. The SF sound is just right for my listening habits and room (mostly classical, jazz, folk, but occasional heavy doses of rock and blues as well), and I still think they're one of the most beautiful speakers I've seen. My wife loves their looks and sound as well, and that's a big help. We listened to a number of different speakers before making the final decision, including Wilson, B&W, Focal, Vienna Acoustics, and Linn, and ultimately both my wife and I agreed nothing came as close to perfect for us as the AFs.
D'Agostino Momentum S250 MxV & HD pre; Linn Klimax Organik DSM, SonicTransporter, EtherRegen; Acoustic Signature Typhoon Neo, Koetsu RSP, Boulder 1108; Sf Il Cremonese; Shunyata Everest, Altaira, Sigma & Alpha v2