View Single Post
Old 09-15-2016, 09:37 AM
On Florida's Slow Coast

Quote:
Originally Posted by bILLwOJO View Post
Wow, those things really eat tubes. They should have had a way to lower the filament voltage down to 6.1V or so. The old Dynaco preamps came with Telefunken tubes from the factory. Yea, I know, not in the same league as A CJ preamp but they ran the filaments a little low and most of these can be found with the original tube compliment still in them. Heck, when I found my crusty MC40 monoblocks they still had most of the original tubes.
CJ should come up with a solution and fix all of these at no charge. A lot of coin for a flawed design.

BillWojo
So Bill... most of us have no issues with the tubes. Not had any issues with the last three or four of their best Premier models. My GAT has been perfect with a number of different sets for many years. Is your advise to them based on owning c-j equipment or are you just trying to give them advise?
Wilson Yvette speakers, Conrad-Johnson ART88 pre, TEA1bc phono, and ART27A Amplifier, Marantz digital player, Rega Planar 10 turntable / Apheta 3 cartridge,Wireworld Gold and Platinum Eclipse IC and speaker, I AQ Hurricane, Tornado power cables, Shunyata Denali 2 conditioner, dCS Bartok DAC/Streamer