Thread: ARC VSi75
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2013, 03:38 PM
musiclovingearenthusiast!

Guys...sorry to hi-jack, slightly.

First, let me say...I'm new to ARC, but the VSi75 looks hot to me! However, I'm not quite there yet. Someone asked earlier, if $8k was a little rich; too rich for me, right now. That's OK; always good, in this hobby, to have something to reach for.

I have a "lowly" VSi55. It's my first foray into tube power (had tube pre-amps, of course; but that's a different animal AFAIC). I have to say...I'm loving it.

It's slugging it out, with the C-J CA-200...which is, by no means, a slouch in its own right...and here is kind of how I feel, at the moment. (just posted, elsewhere...)

Man, is it a tough call; and my latest conclusion...though I'm not done comparing yet...is this. I think the CA-200 is actually "better"...but I enjoy the VSi55 more. Try that paradox on for size! I can make the quantitative argument, for the CA-200; there are tangible things, that it seems to do better. Things that audiophiles value. But what I'm finding, is that with the VSi55...I go in to listen for a spell, and lose track of time; I just want to keep listening.

So...obviously I'm digging it; to the tune of, I'm wondering if the VSi60 is a significant step up. As I started with...I don't mean to hi-jack this thread; but in reading through the posts, I can tell the ARC brain-trust is in here! Thanks