View Single Post
Old 04-11-2013, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thezaks View Post
Hard to say. I spoke to a Cary/Krell dealer, prior to the release of the Foundation. He mentioned that the Krell S-1200 is about 20-30% better than the Cinema 12, which makes the Cary a terrific value. The Foundation isn't going to be as good as the Krell S-1200, so it's hard to say how it will be sonically vs the Cinema 12. However, if Krell is successful in achieving their goals for the Foundation, it should have a several advantages over the Cary:

1) Auto EQ
2) An HDMI interface without hiccups.
3) More HDMI inputs.
4) Other features?

Dave
Thanks for the input Dave. I know all about those hiccups. They can get a bit annoying.

But the other thing that I wasn't aware of with the Cary was that I cannot integrate it with a two channel preamp without RCA's. I don't know if that is the reason why I hear subtle noise in my mains when switching to the C12 for movies but it seems to be. My center & surrounds are virtually silent.

Either way, the Krell seems to be among the best but there is no denying the value of the Cary. Its a fully balanced design which is rare for sub-$10K processors; and that spec is nowhere to found on Cary's site. That;s pretty odd since it a huge selling point.