View Single Post
Old 12-31-2011, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerman
Don,

Glad that you're enjoying it so far...I think! It's always interesting swapping things in and out of your system. It really is amazing that music can sound so different. Maybe it has something to do with the new speakers as well. Keep us updated as things continue.

Was that your MC240 I saw on Audiogon?
Yep, that's my 240 alright. It's not the one that I just purchased, it's the first one I had acquired a little over a year ago. I picked it for sale only because everyone seems to want them completely stock and the one I recently purchased has had some work done on it. Sonically no difference as far as I can tell.
Anyway back to the 100. It is really different and will likely take some adjustment on my part. As for the Harbeth's these are from the same person and were also part of a demo system. Although with both the ModWright and the Harbeth's I truly don't know how many hours each has on them. My assumption is they are broken in. Currently I'm taking down the Christmas tree and have music playing as I work. Later I'll do some more critical listening.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2-Channel System: Luxman L590Aii, D-05 CD/SACD ,VPI Classic 3 (Rolling Stone photo shoot table), VPI SDS, Shelter 501 MKII , Wilson Audio Duette,Shunyata Denali 6000T, Anaconda Zitron, Alpha Digital, and Black Mamba power cables, Tara Labs RSC Air 2 speaker wire, RSC Prime M1 IC's.