Thread: Mqa
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2019, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveJ View Post
I appreciate the information and opinions, very helpful and very much what I was looking for.

wkliw, I am new to this level of digitized music, could you elaborate on the 'Chord' approach and how it differs from "MQA" approach please?

Peter, would you be so kind as to discuss what led you to go Yggy/Qobuz and the reasons to go from Tidal/MQA if that was the decision?
I'm not Peter, but if you don't mind....

As I understand it, MQA and Chord's WTA (Watts Transient Alignment) filter-based approach are two ways of trying to do the same thing, viz., get the timing of transients right so as to more accurately recover the original analog wave.

Much has been written on Rob Watts' approach for Chord. See the paper at https://www.moon-audio.com/mwdownloa...d/link/id/159/
for example. But I think the best way to get an idea of what Watts is up to is to watch some of his presentations on YouTube. There are several. Just search 'Rob Watts' on YouTube.

Much has also been written on MQA. Here though there seems to be a lot more controversy about exactly what's going on with the process.