View Single Post
Old 10-01-2015, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly YB-2 View Post
Hmmm............. if I understand correctly, the 3D arm will drop right on the Memorial base with no additional changes. If correct, would be an easy up-grade path with the Aries, which is one of the earlier models. Decisions, decisions..............

Good idea. I'll do that. Sorry to read that you do not think the Prime is a worthwhile step up from your Technics. Hopefully, more fiddling will make it so. What phono stage are you using?
My phono stage is a cj TEA2MAX. My Technics has all of the magic that KAB offers, which is considerable. The Prime has some way to go before I am even willing to concede that it is as good as the KAB Technics all things considered. I played with interconnects last night. It sounds pretty good now, but it is a clunky damn thing. Other than the arm height adjustment, which is excellent, it is way off the pace in terms of ease of setup and user friendliness. But in terms of sound, it is superior in bass depth and clarity, the sound stage is deeper and there is a shimmer on the highs that the Technics lacks. But these differences are subtle. Too subtle.