View Single Post
Old 03-18-2019, 12:41 PM

Thanks Bill, I totally agree with what you wrote. Right now I am looking at a pair of Verity Audio Fidelio with the Encore upgrade. Verity Audio facilities are 2 hours from my home so it would be easy to go there and perform the upgrade. Fidelio Encore are 8 ohms (minimum 6) at 89 db. Sellers accept I can go audition before purchase. I am more worried about listening at low volumes since it's a 3 ways design.

Also, there is a discounted brand new pair of Dynaudio Excite X44 on canuck audio mart. These things are beast and would outperform my Mani-2 Sig even in deep bass at 27 Hz. They are more efficient at 89 db instead of 85 like the M2S. That would be a good choice for listening music and home cinema even if they are 4 ohms. The choice of amplifier will not last forever, as I may find the itch to upgrade sooner than expected. The CA-1000 is a very good amplifier with all the modifications I performed but it is no match to my previous McIntosh setup (MC252 + C46). Not the same league but I know how my M2S can sound and so far, they do not sing as with the Mc.