View Single Post
Old 06-19-2017, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombadil View Post
Only using one tube amp at any time. Tube amp into the mid/tweeter module, which handles 200Hz & up, SS amp powers the 4 ohm bass modules (20-200Hz). No subwoofer needed. I love the bass definition and integration from the big towers. I haven't hooked up the bi-amp scenario for several months as I've been listening to how various output and driver tubes sound when driving a full-range speaker. But I will probably go the bi-amp route soon.

I do use an active sub from time to time when driving my Focal Aria 906 monitors. And always when using my Inspire SE EL84 with any speaker.
I see. I guess you do not sense any sound detriments due to the congested signal path, then. I myself wonder how much better (if at all) would my 10" Eminence drivers handle bass, given their originally intended bass application design and the size of the floor-standing cabinet, relative to the SUB. But with this low-power amps the lower frequencies take away the finesse in the mids and highs this amp is capable of when running without filters, although I've had great success running it through the balanced ZBit inputs without PRE. But, today I strongly believe the filters are a must in my rig.

Last edited by Musica Amantem; 06-19-2017 at 10:08 PM.