View Single Post
Old 06-07-2019, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadawg View Post
I’m getting sucked into the very luscious sound of this Rex II preamp. It clearly doesn’t possess the detail or even the soundstage size of the Levinson but it’s just so addictive I can’t stop listening. The tonal density is off the charts. Almost seems I’m returning to my beginning. My very first high end system was a Counterpoint Sa-5000 tube preamp with a pair of very solid state Krell mono blocks and these Levinson amps were designed by a guy that worked at Krell for over 20 years. How funny!

Only down side really for me is that the Rex II does need a longer warm up than I’m used to. Actually doesn’t settle in for a little over an hour ... but once it does. WOW!
Sorry but that's how things are. Actually an hour doesn't sound like much. My solid-state VK-655SE warms up in about 45 minutes... And the difference isn't one to ignore!
Pre-amp/Digital: exaSound e32 w UpTone JS-2 Power Supply; SOtM tX-USBultra w UpTone LPS1.2; Apple MacMini w UpTone DC Conversion Kit & UpTone JS-2 Power Supply; Squeezelite w Logitech Media Server 7.9.0
Speakers: Triangle Magellan Cello II
Cables: AudioQuest WEL XLR, AudioQuest Everest, AudioQuest Hurricane HC, AudioQuest NRG-1000, AudioQuest Diamond USB
Rack: Solid Tech Hybrid
Tweaks: Omicron Stabilizzatore Armonico & Gold Evolution SE; IsoTek Sigmas GII w Optimum EVO3; Furutech FT-SWS (R) AC Outlet; Synergistic Research Blue Quantum Fuse