View Single Post
Old 05-11-2011, 02:12 AM

Damn ! i am so furious.
Midnight yesterday, I was finishing my post and ipad shut down by no more battery ! Lost everything !
I wish Apple could have make a recover like what we have on PC's....

The news are not good for my Shindo wish.
I called the former french importer yesterday.
He told me that I was crazy.
He said
1/ you should listen to them on your speakers before buying
2/ I won't sell them for you if they don't fit because they will be like an illegal importation
3/ Shindo amps are very difficult to match with non Shindo preamps. And your Mc has an opposite sound signature to the Shindo sound. What you plan to do is a non sense. The opposite is true : you can match Shindo preamps with many different amps.( eh eh...maybe I could buy a Monbrison I 'm thinking now....: a bit too complicated to use 2 preamps in the same system...)
4/ after that, he talked to me around 20 minutes about Leben amps. He said they match more easily, they have more power and on the CS660P he suggested, I can try KT66, EL34.... according to my tastes and this way tuning the sound like I want to....)

Of course, he may not be 100% honest since his interest is to sell me something he carries, but this man was the first in France to sell real Hi Fi in a real auditorium. He has a reputation of extremely good service and all the systems I listened to in his shop were always extremely musical. He selects the gear with a great attention.
So I cannot pass away his advice.
The only thing I can say now is that probably, one day, I will really NEED a change of sound. This may be in 1 year or in 10 years or even more.... Who knows ? this day, I will think seriously about a complete Shindo set up, because you my friends, Alberto and Stephen, lighted a fire that will not stop.
But until that day, and you were right Alberto, I WILL STOP TO READ YOUR POSTS ABOUT SHINDO !

Last edited by Jerome W; 05-11-2011 at 09:44 AM.