Thread: Amp change
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2013, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerome W View Post
Richard, Why would you be the least talented listener here ? 300B Set amps are just what you describe. Supreme mids and Immediacy. I listened to the 300B Set amp of JC Verdier in his home. Playing just classical music from the radio. It is very easy to understand why some people swear only by the 300B.
I am just self conscious. Others are able to describe, and I believe hear, things more explicitly. I hardly know the vocabulary. They describe things so vividly.

I do worry that as one moves up the diminishing marginal returns scale maybe I am trying to hear something better? But that clearly wasn't the case with the cello pieces last night. The 300b were better than the gm70s as I remembered them.

I doubt I could hear a cable difference.

Interestingly, I can walk into a room and immediately feel the positives architecturally, and be able to articulate why. Others may feel the difference but not know why or what causes it. And others are just ignorant until trained to observe.

With wine, my wife is far better as she has a much better sense of smell. And is Cordon Bleu (Paris) professionally trained, for a year. Me, I know what I like but I max out on all the subtle differences. She will always be better.

That's how I feel about audio. And why I don't want others to rely on my enthusiasm. (Though of course, it could be the opposite interpretation: when I notice a change profound enough to move me, then Everyone should and it's worthwhile!