View Single Post
Old 08-01-2020, 04:30 PM
Member Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steady339 View Post
I've been a "believer" about the positive sonic benefits of WireWorld Silver Eclipse/Electra for years now and have bought the whole loom of wires. I hear more clarity, smoothness and a lower noise floor without harshness. This has made for many long and pleasant listening sessions.

But would these Wireworld cables have to defy the laws of physics to do this as some would argue? I have never bought the argument that what I am hearing is nothing more than an "imaginary perception" to justify owning expensive cables and that people who buy these cables are been suckered or fooled. But just how are these Wireworld cables accomplishing what I am hearing? Are they somehow filtering out the "nasties" that standard cable don't? I can hear the positive effects on the sound of my system, but Is there scientific prove of how WireWorld does this?
You could also ask the same questions about network cables - CAT 3, CAT 5, CAT 6. and reference the speeds that each was designed to carry.

In short, wires are designed by what's being transmitted, so type of conducter (metal, glass etc), size, twists, insulation and shielding are just a few things that go into their design.

Amp: MC1.2KW x 2, MC602, MC2300
Preamp: C52, MX136, C34V
Digital Source: Oppo BDP 105, Pioneer 47Ai, CAL MkII
Analog Source: MT10, Technics RS 1700
Speakers: VMPS Super Tower lll
Subwoofer: JL Audio F113
Power Cables: Wireworld Platinum Electra 7
Speaker Cables: Straightwire Serenade ll
Signal Cables: Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7
Power Isolation: RGP 1200C
Rack: Adona Eris 9TW modified to Eris 12TW

Amp: Yamaha RX Z9