View Single Post
Old 08-01-2020, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
STC, absolute congrats! You have achieved the pinnacle. I wish you many years of enjoyment. I couldn't be more pleased with my system. Buying the XVX is the best audio purchase I ever made. The XVX at 329,000.00 is a bargain. Of course I can turn it up if I want to but I have found that with my XVX and new Thor, I do not need to listen at loud levels anymore. Everything is simply "there" in a way I have never experienced before. My itch for a better speaker is gone. It takes many months to realize how good the XVX is. Top to bottom coherence with extreme resolution is how I would describe the XVX in a nutshell. You will have even better with your WAMM and more dynamic range.

I think you are wise to have plenty of power for the Master Subsonics. They will need plenty of power. In looking at the X350.8 "sufficient" is the word I would use. I would recommend for absolute best performance mono amps of about that amount of power. These subs are quite efficient as subs go and you get 3 dB over a mono configuration such as mine but with a WAMM system, I'd go with large mono amps. The reason I like the Thor so very much is I can't hear it much of the time. It is only when I am playing music with really extreme low end that it is heard. But I have cuts that require 1000 watts, especially movies like Aquaman, etc.

You will achieve good sound with this stereo amp but significantly better with higher powered mono amps, IMO.

Best

Charles
Hi Charles,
Thank you for your advice on the mono amplifiers to drive my WAMM Master Subsonic.
My local dealer has existing stock for the X600.8 and X350.8. Although I have confirmed my purchase on X350.8 (I settled a complete package deal with my local dealer), they will only deliver the amplifier to me end of the year, when the WAMM speakers arrive Singapore.
In other words, if I decide to make a change, they will be more than happy to accommodate my request so I have plenty of time to decide.

As I am using Pass Lab XS300 (4 chassis) power amplifiers, I am reluctant to add another 2 big mono block amplifiers (i.e. X600.8) for my music room.

Once again, thank you for your advice.

Cheers!