View Single Post
Old 03-23-2019, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by myjazz123 View Post
As an owner of both Guarneri Evolution and Serafino Tradition (also had auditioned Guarneri Tradition) I strongly disagree with the last statement from 1KW. The new tradition series build to the same standards and look awesome. But what is even more important they sound (to my ears) better than most of the previous series from SF. More air, details, much better highs, more articulating and dynamic. Granted so, the midrange is more neutral and some people may not like it, but I strongly believe that this is the best sound (my status quo are the live concerts I attend all the time) from SF brand and I had many of them with the exception of Stradivari and limited edition releases. And there is no way one can say that they bumped up Olympica - this is not true at all.
Do you ever get any top end brightness with the Serafino? Debating on which model to got with - a current series Sonus Faber or one of their older models (used of course). What amp/preamp have you tried with them? Many thanks.