View Single Post
Old 10-19-2018, 12:22 PM

Here is a Niagara 5000 with a Tornado, since approx 3 hours playing. As a rental device.
Previously: Niagara 1000 with Thunder.
It was really audible right away. Everything was much more spacious and tidier. And it seemed a little more upbeat. I like it! Very much!

New here is now also a Cambridge Edge NQ. Quasi a digital preamplifier, but strictly designed for stereo. The part is brand new. I miss the subwoofer output a bit. My WEL cable is RCA. But I need XLR now, so I can connect the sub ADDITIONALLY. Now I am helping myself to use an older Fadel Art Reference One XLR. That's not as good as the WEL, of course. And also the USB connection is something very very cheap and so it is a bit difficult to judge how big the progress is to my Rotel preamp RSP-1572. The Rotel is a AV-PreAmp.

Oh, great.

Oh, and the 7000... Yes, it SHOULD filter off any DC-offset due to the two toroidal transformers. They act like an isolating transformer.

(The 5000 is 5000 Euros, the 7000 approx 8950. 1 Euros = 1,14 USD. Here in Europe everywhere tax is included. So it should translate 1:1 European to US-Market.)

Last edited by GBP; 10-22-2018 at 01:17 AM.