View Single Post
Old 10-28-2018, 04:27 AM
Life is beautiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigblue View Post
Thank you Bart for sharing your project with great photos from a superb room.
I take it the treatments on both sides of the tv is intended for the first reflection of the treble. If so...
I have always thought that sound waves in the higher frequencies traveled straight forward from the membrane with little omni directional energy. And treatments would be more efficient on side and back walls.
But I have limited knowledge in this area and would be grateful if could you enlighten me on the thoughts behind the placement.

Thank you for your kind words!
If you look at the process of placement with Ben, you see he uses a little mirror to define the point of first reflection (treble and mids).
My speakers are Vivids and do have quite some omnidirectional energy.

By the way, on the sides, we have the red treatments in the armchair and sofa.

Already after the placement of just the first black panel on the right side of the TV, which is also on the back wall, we heard a significant difference, which surprised us, as we hadn't expected it in this not so ideal room.

The black panels have more impact on the end result than the red ones.
The small blocks also are of big importance.
Stereo: Hegel H590, Grimm Audio MU1, Mola Mola Tambaqui, Burmester 948 - V3 & V6 racks, Vivid Audio G2 Giyas, REL Carbon Special (pair), Silent Angel Bonn N8 Ethernet Switch & Forester F1, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse IC and SE SC, Furutech Digiflux
AV: Hegel C-53, Marantz AV8802A, Oppo BDP-203EU, Pioneer Kuro 60", Vivid Audio C1 & V1w's, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse, SE & E
Second system (veranda): Halgorythme preamp and monoblocks, Burmester 061, Avalon Avatar, Sharkwire & Wireworld cables