View Single Post
Old 11-01-2017, 04:10 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Unlike signal cables, the conductor material itself is not the key parameter for power cables; what matters is their ability to 1) deliver current as fast as possible (dynamic transient current delivery) and 2) ability to reject noise and keep noise from escaping from the cable and contaminating other components and unshielded cables.

Shunyata Research uses a very pure from of copper, OFE Alloy 101, for their power cables, for example. I'm using a full set of their power cables for my system and I admit to be being biased towards their products because I'm of the view that their products are based and designed on a truly deep scientific, materials sciences, and physics domain knowledge and understanding. As well as patents. And as a scientist myself, the way Caelin Gabriel thinks and designs products just works for me, as do his products.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.

Last edited by Puma Cat; 11-01-2017 at 04:16 PM.