View Single Post
Old 11-16-2019, 07:06 AM
Semi-audiophile

Amid all the internal furor over my trip to the NYAS, my thoughts have been broadening, and there are several other avenues I might pursue with regard to a "one last splurge" on my system, in addition to the TV, turntable, and speakers. Some are more likely than others.

Equipment racks: Salamander Synergy racks would look nice, either black or walnut (no oak, unfortunately). These would accompany that 55" OLED mentioned earlier. Two 303s and one 323 would do the trick. Core models only, as I don't want the enclosed version. Having trouble finding the price on that; I think the core 303 is $599. This is probably the least likely of the bunch right now.

Cables: upgrade my Transparent Plus ICs to Super on the main sources (SACD and Blu-ray), then go to Shunyata Venom NR v12s on all sources. This would include the Technics TT if I got it, as it has a detachable PC (yay), and I'll be able to put Supers on the TT as well. Mostly curious as to whether the Venom could wring some more out of my sources or not. The improvement (noticeable but not profound) brought by putting a Transparent Premium on my C2300 increases my curiosity on that.

Power: visually, a Furman IT-Reference 15i would look way cool next to my SPR-20i. And with isolated filter banks it might render the Venom PCs somewhat moot. I don't know that noise is a big problem here, but as I said, it would LOOK cool.

None of this happens this year, but I've started thinking about it.
SOTA, Grado, SME, Van den Hul, Gingko turntable setup; Pioneer Elite LD, BDP; Sony OLED TV; Magnum Dynalab tuner, antenna; MIT S-video cable; Pangea HDMI cables; DVDO video processor; McIntosh SACD, preamp, power amps; Telefunken Black Diamond preamp tubes; Kimber IC; Transparent IC, PC, SC; Mirage speakers; PS Audio, Shunyata PC; Audio Additives RCA caps; Furman power conditioning; Sanus: racks