View Single Post
Old 07-28-2020, 02:20 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by STC View Post
Yes, I fully agreed with you. I am 100% classical music lover and I tried to attend as many live concerts as possible each year.

I am very happy with my current system but will love to explore the full potential of the performance with WAMM in my room

Analogue: Clearaudio Statement TT with Statement cartridge
Digital: EMM Labs 2-box latest CDP/CDC
Phono Amp: Pass Labs XS
Pre Amp: Pass Labs XS
Power Amp: Pass Labs XS300
Speaker: XLF with Rel G1 Sub (x2)
Cables: Vaharlla V2
Dedicated room (designed and built for audio playback)
PS Audio P10

So I Love your last sentence, "Better yet have the WAMM in your system and then tell us your impression? "

It will be great to know how WAMM can sound in my room and system before I commit myself to the speaker as it is not a small sum of investment

But unfortunately that is not possible ......
Saw the above post today and decided to give a short update on my system.

Added 2 pcs of JL Audio F212 V2 and CR-1 in early 2019. They compliment the XLF very well and I am very pleased with the purchase.

Added XVX in early 2020 and I am very impressed with the performance that I can get out of it in my set-up/room and it is VERY much better than XLF.
It connects me with the music seamlessly and I feel that I am attending the Live Classical Music Concerts. I listen to classical music vinyls most of the time and on average, I attend 20 live concerts a year (e.g. Singapore, Tokyo and London).

Around 2 weeks ago, after reading quite a few posts from Charles on his experiences on XVX and Thor's Hammer, I had the urge to explore more with my system. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, it changes the behaviors of the whole humanity. If I cannot attend live concerts (at peace of mind and in total relax mode), then I will be interested to explore what I can do more with my home music system and get it as close as possible to the live concert experience.

After discussed briefly with Pass Labs and Wilson Audio, I decided and confirmed my purchase of WAMM Package (i.e. Speakers and WAMM Master Subsonic).

Hopefully the speakers will arrive end of the year