View Single Post
Old 12-29-2017, 09:10 PM

I ordered two boxes of Gaia 1 isolation feet and installed them Wednesday and have been listening to my system for about two - three hours a day while I'm on vacation for the holidays. Although my speakers weigh 110lbs. each, they have three spikes instead of four. So doing the arithmetic I figured that Gaia 1s would be better suited to my speakers than the Gaia IIs.

They are easily worth the money. Highly recommended. They are making as much of an impact on my system's sound as my preamp. My Vandersteen Quatro Wood CTs sound sublime with them. Biggest difference for me involve front to back depth - so much so as to make the overall soundstage very nearly holographic. There's also noticeable improvement in tonal purity and better delineation of notes in the extreme bass region. In my experience, when bass is improved the entire soundstage and delineation of instruments and notes become greater. I think the combination of my preamp's tubes giving greater dimensionality and the Gaia 1s enhancing the soundstage makes it ever more easy for me to pick out the instruments and vocalists in recordings. My system has gotten to the point it makes me very happy. In a couple months, I'm going to take steps to improve my power conditioning and further isolating my components.
Digital Software: Roon, Tidal Streaming
Digital Music Server: Melco N1A/2
Digital Sources: Totaldac d1-twelve SE MkII (factory upgraded from MKI) with "live power" 4 output power supply, Oppo UDP-205
Preamplifier: Rogue Audio RP-9 (factory upgraded from RP-7)
Amplifier: Vandersteen M5-HPA
Speakers: Vandersteen Quatro Wood CT w/IsoAcoustics Gaia 1 feet
Cabling: WW Platinum Starlight 7 digital wires, Totaldac Gigafilter USB filter, AQ Sky XLR, AQ Fire RCA
Speaker Cables: AudioQuest Oak spades ---> bi-wire spades
Power Cables: Esprit PC (for DAC), 2 WW Platinum Electra PC (Preamp/Phono Preamp), AQ NRG10 (Melco N1A/2), AQ Blizzard (Quatro Wood CT built-in subs)
Power Conditioning: 2 AQ Niagara 1000, 3 Oyaide R1 outlets
Sound Treatments: 23 ASC Tube Traps and 10 Panels

Last edited by ylee; 12-29-2017 at 09:18 PM.