View Single Post
Old 07-15-2022, 09:24 PM
TechDAS AF 1 & Vitus MP

Initial Listening Impressions

They’ve only been on for 8 hours, but Westminster Labs REI Mono Amplifiers are the best amps we have ever heard. I didn’t think such was possible with such a light weight small Class A amp, but apparently it is.

We’ve pretty much all witnessed speakers disappearing, and even amps doing the same. However, with REIs even your walls disappear. These amps are absolutely amazing.

REI’s are very accurate, while retaining musicality. They have it all; presence, smoothness, texture, and immediacy. Play whatever you desire there’s no strain on these puppies. Love the way they control the low-frequency info (takes app 6 hours to come into full bloom - we leave the amps on). The music sounds deep and wide; they present a soundstage that’s off the charts. Excellent.

The REI’s have their own Class A signature sound. It’s unique. I’m not sure which other high end amp, that I’ve heard, they sound most similar too - perhaps Soulution 701s plus a touch of tube goodness. One audiophile has reportedly replaced their MSB amps with the REI’s. And another their DarTZell’s.

They produce a powerful beautiful Class A sound. Two audiophiles visiting today we’re also amazed.

I’m not sure yet if these are “the” ones for us, but they are exceptional. This said, we still need to hear the competition = BAT. This is their brand new amp that we will be hearing in about a week. We are also considering Audio Research 160M monos.

Magico M3s; Vitus Masterpiece Components; TechDAS Air Force One; 2 x SME 3012-R; Airtight Opus 1 and MSL Platinum Signature; Taiko Audio Extreme + Switch; Albedo Metamorphosis Signature cables.