View Single Post
Old 12-22-2018, 10:15 AM
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHC1 View Post
If reliability is number 1 priority then it doesn't get much better than a Toyota Land Cruiser. Then again a Land Cruiser is 2x the base price of a Tahoe these days. Of course the resale value of a Toyota Land Cruiser is much better than the competitors.
Overall the Tahoe or Expedition would be a solid choice.
On a percentage of the MSRP the Land Cruiser is about like a Tahoe on retained value. Plus, the LC gets terrifically bad MPG. Especially pulling a trailer.

The Expedition with turbo-V6 looks to be the best bet, from the various reviews I've been reading. Like that it has the best ride, with comfort being just behind reliability on my list of requirements. Since the fall of 2007 (traded in an '02 Explorer) have put ~340Kmi on three GM vehicles. During that time I spent $70 on a repair, which I wanted rather than needed. Will be tough to pass up a Tahoe for a Ford. Probably go with the best 'deal' when we pull the trigger.
Canton Reference 9 Clearaudio SM Pro Focal Bathys JLA 10" Dominion Kuzma Stabi S w/MC & MM Magnepan 1,7i McIntosh MA8950 & MR88 Oppo 203 Roon Nucleus Rose Hifi RS150B Shunyata Gemini-4 Sony ST-A6B, TA-F6B, ST-J75 & PS-X75 Sorane SA1.2 & TA-1L Stillpoints LP1v2 WW Pt, Au & Ag