View Single Post
Old 02-16-2019, 11:35 PM
Go Dawgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadawg View Post
So I was fortunate enough to be able to attend the 1st Florida Audio Show in Tampa and I have to say me and my son had a great time. We went on Saturday and spent the entire day at the show listening to a lot of gear I've never had the chance to hear before and catch up with some good friends from when I used to work in the industry decades ago. That said ... off to the show!

Starting with the room for me that was by far best of show on either end of the room. VSA speakers with VAC Statement electronics on one end and VSA with the 200iq monoblocks on the other. Got to listen to the system with both vinyl and digital via the Esoteric Grandioso K1 as well as the complete Grandioso Stack. The full stack had wonderful synergy with the VAC equipment ... maybe one of the best sounding systems I've ever heard.
We spent some time in the Von Schweikart room at RMAF this past fall, we also thought it was well put together and the best sound at the show. They had a higher dollar system there as well, and with the retail cost, it should have been one of if not the best at the show. If I remember correctly, the value of that system was almost $ 1.1 million.

- Buck
Library: Speakers: Avalon Acoustics Isis, Subwoofers: (2) REL Acoustics 212SE Amplification: D’agostino Momentum preamplifier, D’agostino S250 stereo amplifier Digital: dCS Rossini CD/SACD transport, dCS Rossini DAC/streamer/master clock. Analog: Brinkmann Taurus table, Lyra Etna Lambda, Audio Research Ref. Phono 3