View Single Post
Old 12-15-2016, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricjor1 View Post
I had the SVS SB13 Ultra, JL Audio F110v2, and now the SVS SB16 Ultra. In my system/room I prefer the SB16 Ultra over both the SB13 and F110v2. I actually preferred the F110v2 over the SB13 Ultra. The F113v2 is more than I want to spend on a sub for mostly HT.
Thanks, Ricjor (Rick?) and also, thank you Lew for your responses. I'm wondering about the effects of different size cones in subs for use in my space. My general impression is that (typically, as we know there are always deviations) the smaller cones can have a tighter bass while a larger cone can go deeper. In my instance, with my WP8's, I have good bass, but the room allows an emphasis node I think I could calm with a couple of subs and am trying to decide what size I need. Since my Wilson's have two 8 inch woofers per side, I was thinking that getting a couple of ten inch subs might just be the ticket for my room, but maybe a couple of twelve inch subs might be the way to go. I might play with some Elac wireless subs since they are relatively inexpensive. Anyway, I don't mean to derail the thread.