View Single Post
Old 01-13-2015, 06:18 AM

With the mention of SUTs earlier in this thread I thought that I would mention that a friend lent me his Lyra Erodion just prior to Christmas to play around with (his SUT of choice is a Kondo). Well it's been in and out of the system connected in with 1m Stealth Sakra...........initially I thought it added something positive to the mix - it clearly is a fine unit, but with extended use the LP2.1D to my ears is ultimately better without it as a partner - simply not needed. Following the suggested earthing arrangements in the manual it is very quiet but not as quiet as when it's not there naturally (cables perhaps?). Initially, I felt it gave the music a touch more body (and maybe adding a bit of warmth to the LAMM ML2.2s neutrality?), but with extended use, maybe a figment of my imagination. I have been using it extensively over the last few days and I have no doubt that there is a small, but noticeable loss of resolution and clarity when it's connected - but that's being very picky (connecting cables too long?). Primarily, and most importantly to me was that when it was in my system, my listening seemed to lose a bit of "that something" that I experience with LAMM amplification.........................

Last edited by Smp; 01-13-2015 at 09:20 PM.