View Single Post
Old 11-27-2015, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by corgidog59 View Post
Well that was painful this Saturday...running my credit card for such a large amount of money. It is almost as much as a new car. If in fact it was one, then I would have driven it home and parked in the driveway but I have to wait 4 to 8 weeks for the S3 to be built and delivered (so I have been told). Come one Santa, I have been nice. I will make a deal with you. You bring them before the holidays and I won't make you go down the chimney. You can come through the front door, have a beer and then you can go on your way. After all it is for the children. :-)
Congrats on the new speaker purchase. I feel your pain in terms of money and wait time. I've got about a 3 week lead on you and hope to have mine in about 3 more weeks from now (if I'm lucky).

I'm curious what amp you will be using to power your S3's? I was about a day away from purchasing a Pass Labs XA100.5 and then got cold feet. I just couldn't get past that amp possibly not having enough power to properly drive the speaker.

To remedy that concern I instead went in a totally different direction in terms of power and purchased a pair of Merrill Audio Veritas Mono Blocks. I think 700 @4ohm and 1200 @2ohm will cover it

Last edited by audiomania; 11-27-2015 at 09:56 PM.