View Single Post
Old 06-19-2010, 12:33 PM

Greetings,
I have had the good fortune of knowing Dan for several years now. He has done a few mods for me over the years (Perpetual Technologies power supply; Denon DVD2900). I met him several times at the THE Shows and the CES. Dan's modified Oppo BPD-83 sounded amazing at last year's RMAF. I actually bought one for him to modify, when the SE version came out. We made arrangements, that the 83 sent back to Oppo for the SE conversion, then back to Modwright for Dan's mods. I received his modified BPD-83SE just in time to use for this year's THE Show in our NFS Audio room.
I love this Oppo! I hear detail and musicality I haven't heard before. CD's that scream with digititis sound much more tolerable! Well recorded ones just sing. There is no lag time between disc insertion and music like my old Denon. I also like that it is a true universal player. I don't have many SACD's nor music DVD's, but I can finally play them, included ones that were burned for me. for the combined price of the BPD-83SE and Dan's mods, I think you are getting a great player at a very reasonable price!
Mike