View Single Post
Old 06-25-2017, 12:49 AM
Blown & Injected

Interesting thread. I own a near mint RX-505. Anytime I let a friend listen to my setup for the first time, I hit play on the Nak. After they're wowed - I'm like, "you're listening to a cassette." They're always absolutely floored. Then when I show them the particulars of the machine, they're just fascinated. Then they want to hear the RTR and they're not checking Facebook, texts, or emails - just watching and listening.

These TOTL Nak cassette decks are mechanical marvels with reference quality playback ability. Hard to believe really that such great sound is available from this format, but it is. Sure, I like DVD-A and SACD as well, but finely engineered analog playback equipment is my preference.

Before acquiring the 505, I looked for a Dragon for about a year. The NAAC system is really an excellent idea! I came across the 505 locally and the deal was done.

Beginning in JR High School, I made a few bucks making tapes for friends. I preferred UDXL-II and SA Type II tapes and mastered my father's harman kardon hk1000 top loader. [Only years later did I learn that Nakamichi made them for hk.]. Man did that machine make nice sounding tapes.

Vintage Pete - get that Dragon refurbished!