View Single Post
Old 02-07-2018, 10:53 PM

Phillies fan here. Really looking forward to the season. Think we are going to score a lot of runs, but not sure we can get anyone out. It will be interesting to see how all of our young players do. Very interested in seeing if Rhys Hoskins can put up a season with 30+ home runs and bat 275+

It's been a LONG time since it was fun to be a fan of all the Philadelphia sports teams. Nothing further needs to be said about Eagles. Flyers are okay and the Sixers are one of the most entertaining teams to watch. I really do think the Phillies will contend again over the next 3 years as they have a lot of money to invest in the upcoming free agent market in 2019.

I also enjoy going to their minor league games in Lakewood NJ, Reading PA, and Lehigh Valley PA. Great that their A, AA, and AAA team are all within 2 hours of my house. Also went to Clearwater last year to see their high A team.

While the weather in PA is not to my liking (I hate winter), the amount of sports you can see in my area is outstanding. Even though I hate the Yankees with a passion, I go to about 10 of their minor league games each year in Trenton, NJ. Usually I try to see them play the Phillies Reading team but also go to see great prospects on other teams. You gotta love minor league baseball as the Trenton Thunder (Yankee Double A team) are changing their name on Friday nights this year to the Trenton Pork Roll. If your from NJ you will know exactly what that is.

Even though the pace is slow, baseball has and will probably always be my favorite sport.