Thread: Tube v. SS DAC
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2016, 11:44 AM

I ended up going with a Monarchy Audio NM24 that I posted about in another thread. The recommendations in both standard press reviews and among modders on other forums were over the top. And I liked the idea of working with essentially a one-man operation. (I have a Dennis Had Inspire tube amp as well, though it a different system.) The NM-24 is an interesting piece of gear that incorporates both a tube DAC and a solid state DAC as well as a line stage tube preamp. I upgraded the tubes in the DAC just a tad from the Sovtek tubes it came with to some Russian Rocket NOS tubes. I'm very happy with the performance and versatility, but still working on rounding out the system. It would be interesting to compare to the Cary DAC.
2 Channel - Inspire Amp; Dared Pre; Carver "The Receiver" for tuner and switching; Thorens 125 turnable; Angle Audio PS internal battery; Shure SME 3009 tonearm; Bang & Olufsen MC20CL cartridge; Roku; Sony Bravia TV; Polk Audio SDA-2
Theater - Onkyo AVR, Orb Speakers, MAC music server, Monarchy Audio NM24 DAC [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]