View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hukkfinn View Post
If it helps, I heard the S1 at CES and loved them. Awesomely huge soundstage. Excellent detail and delicacy from top to bottom of the frequency range. Truly substantial bass which was made from the same cloth as the mids. Literally a stunning speaker, with one possible caveat, below. Certainly helped by the fact that amplification was from uber-awesome Constellation Audio.

While the YG Carmel shared some of these qualities (large soundstage, very "big" sound for a small floorstander, highly refined) the Carmel was not as good in any category, to my ears.

The Carmel did not crank out the bass slam you expect when certain rock songs were played, such as "Semi Charmed Kind of Life." For this reason I marked them off my list. The S1 caveat: their room did not permit requests, so I couldn't test the S1's performance on such regular-guy headbanger music. If their bass dynamics hold up when I finally get to test this, I fear I will need to buy a pair.
Cheers,
Hukk
I am with you. The S1 were amazing. To my ears, in a completely different league than the Carmel. I believe Magico will sell a ton of them, I hope the waiting list will not be too long.