View Single Post
Old 12-01-2021, 08:01 AM
Semi-audiophile

I am thinking my "curiosity" may be over. After the speaker cable, two Shunyata Venom V10 NR power cords came in (courtesy of MasterLu), which I replaced Venom HCs with. Not thinking about tracking the source of any changes in sound, I plugged them in and started playing music, mostly blu-rays, eventually some CDs.

Because I was using only the tuner with the Plus speaker cable, I have no idea to what extent the Plus or the V10 NRs are responsible individually for the improvements I hear. What I do know is that while playing familiar material improvements have emerged: decay of the tympani is more extended on "Fanfare for the Common Man;" instruments in general sound a bit more like themselves, while attack and decay overall, especially with acoustic instruments, is more noticeable; and I hear details here and there I hadn't before. So far, everything sounds better, and I'm not struck with any major urges to go after anything else. If I see something in TAS that would be within my range I don't think, "I wonder how that would work in my setup"? Interest in a MP100 has waned, as has the idea of replacing my Plus ICs with Super. I think I may be set, at least for the foreseeable future!
SOTA, Grado, SME, Van den Hul, Gingko turntable setup; Pioneer Elite LD, BDP; Sony OLED TV; Magnum Dynalab tuner, antenna; MIT S-video cable; Pangea HDMI cables; DVDO video processor; McIntosh SACD, preamp, power amps; Telefunken Black Diamond preamp tubes; Kimber IC; Transparent IC, PC, SC; Mirage speakers; PS Audio, Shunyata PC; Audio Additives RCA caps; Furman power conditioning; Sanus: racks