View Single Post
Old 05-01-2018, 06:47 AM

French manufacturer Triangle presented at AXPONA 2018 its eight-driver flagship Magellan Grand Concert loudspeaker driven by Luxman electronics

French manufacturer Triangle presented its eight-driver, three-way Magellan Grand Concert ($70k) flagship with a pair of horn-loaded tweeters with waveguides and paper midranges—one of each rear-firing—and multiple inverted woofers made of a wood and polymer composite. Although the small room was not ideal for a speaker of this size and scale, these towering towers displayed compelling transparency, tonal naturalness, and openness. A listen to my vintage Decca LP of Gerhard’s “Libra” exhibited impressive imaging, spacious soundstaging, and a true sense of air between the instruments adding up to an ear-pleasing experience I was ready to relax into. What struck me most was how freed-up the system sounded, especially given the number of drivers in play. On a practical note, these tall towers come in three sections to ease installation. A pleasant sonic surprise, and a Best of Show contender.

Source: http://www.theabsolutesound.com/arti...rs-20k-and-up/

Pre-amp/Digital: exaSound e32 w UpTone JS-2 Power Supply; SOtM tX-USBultra w UpTone LPS1.2; Apple Mac Mini w UpTone DC Conversion Kit & UpTone JS-2 Power Supply; Squeezelite w Logitech Media Server 7.9.0
Speakers: Triangle Magellan Cello II
Cables: AudioQuest WEL XLR, AudioQuest Everest, AudioQuest Hurricane HC, AudioQuest NRG-1000, AudioQuest Diamond USB
Rack: Solid Tech Hybrid
Tweaks: Omicron Stabilizzatore Armonico & Gold Evolution SE; IsoTek Sigmas GII w Optimum EVO3; Furutech FT-SWS (R) AC Outlet; Synergistic Research Blue Quantum Fuse

Last edited by johndoe21ro; 06-04-2019 at 04:03 AM.