View Single Post
Old 12-25-2018, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by audio bill View Post
Samoyed - I believe you meant that the NuPrime Evolution DAC provides full MQA via its USB input. I have no personal experience with the NuPrime or Innuos, but I believe you'll have two choices in your Roon configuration regarding MQA. You can either have it provide the first unfold (also called MQA Core) if the NuPrime can then perform MQA Rendering. The other option would be to set Roon to pass through MQA files without any decoding and let the NuPrime perform full MQA decoding on its own. Not sure which would be preferable if the NuPrime can perform either function, but it should be easy enough for you to try by changing the MQA settings in Roon.

Regarding your comments about the Node, it shouldn't be surprising that you find the NuPrime Evolution DAC to outperform it since the Node is a $500 streamer with DAC included. Its internal DAC is obviously built to a price point and cannot compete with much more expensive and well engineered stand alone DACs.

Congrats on your new NuPrime Evolution DAC, glad that it's meeting your expectations!
Thanks for help, and yes, you are right about input.