View Single Post
Old 12-29-2017, 03:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by audio bill View Post
I have no experience with the IDA-16 to know whether its DAC is better than the internal DAC of the Bluesound, but can partially address your question regarding MQA playback. When using the analog audio outputs of the Bluesound Node 2 you will be getting full MQA decoding. The digital output of the Node 2 only supports MQA Core decoding (which is just the first unfold) so unless the external DAC being connected to supports MQA Rendering you will not be getting full MQA decoding. NuPrime doesn't appear to currently support MQA. That doesn't necessarily mean that you'll prefer the Bluesound DAC to that of the NuPrime, just that the NuPrime does not support MQA. If it's a superior DAC it may still outperform the Bluesound even without full MQA decoding. Wish it was simpler and I could tell you which would be best, but only you can determine that by listening to both connection schemes to determine which sounds best to you.
Thanks for the reply. I tried to determine which sounded better and found myself getting confused the longer I compared them. That said, I think I favoured the NuPrime external DAC doing the work. Does this mean though (set up this way) that I cannot control volume from my phone remotely and will need to use the IDA-16 remote for adjusting volume?
...Sorry for the noob questions